Cpl Healthcare are recruiting for the below permanent position based in the Republic of Ireland.
Consultant in General Adult Psychiatry with a Special Interest in Neuropsychiatry or Psychiatry of Later Life for a permanent full-time role to commence in December 2021.
The Consultant Psychiatrist role will be to lead and develop a multi-disciplinary team to support the care of those with Neuropsychiatric and severe and enduring Psychiatric disorders.
The successful post holder will work closely with the existing general adult and psychiatry of Later Life services to provide in-patient mental health services for adults with severe and enduring mental illness and complex needs. Referrals are accepted to Bloomfield Hospital from across Ireland.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Overall responsibility for the provision of the services of a Psychiatrist to patients and residents and for the purpose of regulatory compliance.
- Support the continued development of Clinical Governance and to assist in the implementation of the strategic and operational plans of Bloomfield Health Services.
- Lead and develop a multidisciplinary clinical team in the inpatient specialist neuropsychiatric service.
- Provision by Bloomfield Health Services of Clinical Services within a legally compliant framework.
- Efficient, effective and economic provision of clinical services within a defined budgetary framework.
- Provision of teaching, research and academic support at a senior level as developed with colleagues in associated educational facilities, e.g. Trinity College Dublin and University College Dublin.
- There is an overlap in the care of inpatients and cross cover for leave.
The post holder will report to the Clinical Director and will work closely with the Clinical Director to ensure provision of a comprehensive and responsive service.
The post is based on a 37 hour working week and an on call commitment will be delivered to the service.
The successful candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Full registration in the Specialist Register (Psychiatrist) of Medical Practitioners maintained by the Medical Council in Ireland or entitlement to be so registered.
- Seven years post-graduation experience.
- Registered as a general adult psychiatrist with a sub specialised interest in either Psychiatry of Later Life or Neuropsychiatry desirable.
- Have a management level or position of additional responsibility to their clinical area.
- Demonstrate an ability to lead change and to develop clinical services.
- Energetic individual with solid clinical experience in working with a team of diverse clinicians and strong knowledge of the concepts and operation of Clinical Governance.
- Strong ability to teach, manage, participate and play a key role in the practice and education of medical students, medical staff, nursing and other allied health professions and promote and engage in the teaching/training/support of others as appropriate.
- Have a good knowledge and experience of health, safety and other statutory regulations affecting a healthcare organisation.
- Ability to deliver core contracted hours and to undertake on call as a member of a rota.
For more information on this role please contact Samantha Pendry on 07500 962378 or email [email protected] with your documents for immediate consideration.