A new opportunity has arisen for a Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon to join a dedicated and professional Multi-disciplinary medical team at one of our independent healthcare centres in Kent.
You will be a highly valued member of our team bringing your expertise and skills in a range of general ophthalmic out-patient and surgical procedures including predominantly Cataracts.
You will have access to great facilities in a well-structured and relaxed environment.
We offer Outpatient/day surgery to NHS patients in the surrounding areas. The specialties we offer are Ophthalmology, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Orthopaedics and Urology We’re committed to investing in our staff and providing the highest quality patient welfare and satisfaction.
This is a permanent, full time position, salary competitive, dependent on experience up to £130 k pa
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Wide training and experience in general ophthalmology
- Able to offer expert clinical opinion on range of problems within ophthalmology
- Able to take full and independent responsibility for delivering service without direct supervision
- Experience of high volume cataract surgery under topical anaesthesia
- Innovative approach to provision of ophthalmology services with ability to embrace change to improve the provision of care
- Knowledge of evidence based practice
- Excellent clinical skills
- Able to work within a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent communication skills – fluent spoken and written English
Skills & Experience
- UK registerable Medical Degree
- Past record of academic achievement
- Full and Specialist GMC Registration in relevant speciality
We are one of the UK largest independent sector healthcare providers and work in close partnership with the NHS to deliver more than 50 services throughout the UK. We provide high quality specialist care and excellent results for more than 50,000 patients each year. Our facilities are modern, employing the latest technology and friendly, professional staff. We have strong control processes to ensure we maintain high standards of hygiene and above all, we’re passionate about giving our patients the best possible care and helping them feel better, faster.
Together with a competitive base salary we offer our Consultants a range of benefits including contributory pension scheme and 10 days CPD with generous financial contribution.
If you’d like to apply or need more details, please contact Gabriela at Rig Healthcare
- 01423 790 363
- 07789 755 864