We are delighted to be able to offer an opportunity for a highly motivated, ambitious individual to join our well integrated team. We Are You will be experienced within the sub-specialty of Glaucoma, and will be able to demonstrate general ophthalmic competence alongside holding a proven record in cataract surgery. You will be a forward-thinking individual with a keen interest in contributing to developing the Glaucoma and other services, and will contribute towards continuing the development, training and monitoring of our reconfigured paramedical Glaucoma service.
This Position is a 3-6 Month
The purpose of this role is to contribute towards the development of the Glaucoma Service and provide additional senior input both from a service planning and delivery perspective.
This will involve contributing towards the continuing training and development of staff such as optometrists, orthoptists and nurses involved in glaucoma clinics. In addition, the role will also provide general ophthalmic and cataract service capacity both at the Department’s base in Newcastle and in the region providing care closer to our patients’ homes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide specialist expertise in the care of patients with glaucoma
- To contribute to the training, development and monitoring of paramedical staff to provide expanded Glaucoma care.
- To contribute to the continued reconfiguration of Glaucoma Services to meet national service guidance.
- To contribute to the expansion of the departmental outreach service providing care closer to home for patients.
- To contribute to the departmental activity with respect to general ophthalmology and cataract surgery.
You will need the following documents
DBS Cert (form attached to apply)
Medical Questionnaire (attached)
2 recent references (form attached for you to give to referees)
For more details please contact –Theo.Amadi@riglocums.com – 0800 690 6044