I am currently looking for a Consultant Medical Oncologist specialising in Gynaecology and Breast Oncology. The contract is Fixed Term for 12 months in a NHS Hospital is located in the South of England.
The Trust’s overriding vision is to provide the highest quality services to our local population and so to be the hospital of choice. This vision is linked to key goals:
- Improve satisfaction and confidence in our services.
- Continue to be the local healthcare provider of choice.
- Increase numbers of patients from Wiltshire, Oxfordshire, Berkshire and Gloucestershire.
- To provide clinically appropriate and safe outreach services in the community which meet commissioners’ and patients’ needs.
- To maximise the value of being a Foundation Trust by ensuring our services are embedded in and valued by our community.
The Trust is committed to sustaining and advancing the provision of medical, dental, nursing and other professional education and to the delivery of high quality postgraduate and undergraduate training.
The post holder will be expected to develop and participate in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programmes and maximise the training opportunities for the immediate team and all other staff across the Trust and within the directorate. Under the guidance of the Lead Clinician this may involve specific timetables and regular commitments in accordance with an agreed job plan.
There are good opportunities for those interested in undergraduate teaching. Strong links have been established with both Oxford & Bristol Universities with up to 60 medical undergraduates present at one time. Both universities have funded academic sessions with university listed posts.
This post does not currently involve on-call in the evenings and at the weekend. The detailed provision of on-call for Haematology and Oncology patients in the hospital and community is currently the subject of review and the post holder may be asked to participate in on call duties in the future.
The post holder will be expected to attend the Trust within 30 minutes when on call.
Please feel free to call me on 07551 156 446 if you are interested or if you know anyone that may be interested.